DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century. And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Intermediate level engineer responsible for independently evaluating, selecting and applying standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Uses judgement in applying or recommending adaptions and modifications. Typical assignments are in the areas of engineering or scientific design, problem solving, and technical support for the optimum operation and maintenance of company assets. Participates on teams of field employees, technicians, engineers and other personnel.Key Accountabilities
- Performs engineering assignments, proposing solutions to engineering related problems.
- Works with experienced professionals to recommend and implement timely solutions involving routine engineering, design, operation, maintenance of company assets and market optimization.
- Collaborates with more experienced engineers to provide follow-up and engineering assistance on defined problems within time and budget constraints.
- Develops models and analyzes data in order to recommend solutions and/or improvements in processes and programs; develops and presents presentations to all levels of management and/or external parties.
- May provide field engineering assistance or technical support.
- Keeps up to date on current technology and market/technology trends.
- Assists in the resolution of emergent plant issues.
- Ensures compliance to all nuclear quality assurance (NQA) documentation and record keeping requirements, along with all nuclear security safeguards, NERC-CIP, critical digital asset and other Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) requirements.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Chemistry, Physics, or Mathematics and a minimum of 2 years of job relevant experience, applicable Navy nuclear experience equally acceptable.Other Qualifications
Preferred: Master's Degree in Engineering or job relevant discipline
- Must be able to maintain a position on the Fermi Emergency Response Organization ERO in support of the Radiological Emergency Response Plan RERP.
- Must be able to pass all phases of In-Processing including a background investigation, psychological screening, appropriate radiation worker/respiratory training and be medically certifiable drug and alcohol screen.
- Physical capability to work in the plant i.e. climb stairs, work in hot environment, work in radiation/contamination areas.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel and Word
- Intermediate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website