DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century. And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Senior level engineer responsible for planning and conducting engineering activities. Requires the use of advanced techniques and the application of theories, precepts, practice and disciplines, including practical field experience. Incumbents have the responsibility and authority to make decisions on engineering problems and methods applicable to the resolution of important issues. Participates on and leads teams of field employees, technicians, engineers and other personnel.Key Accountabilities
- Develops, coordinates, and directs important projects or field engineering assignments with complex features.
- Performs assigned (or initiates) engineering studies, proposing solutions to engineering-related problems; develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques & solutions.
- Interfaces with outside departments, vendors, suppliers, and reliability entities.
- Develops or assists in presentations of engineering-related projects to all levels of management & external parties (contractors, customers, etc.).
- Plans and manages group workflow to meet budgets and schedules.
- May mentor and provide guidance/direction for less experienced staff.
- Timely and effectively support plant emergent issues.
- Ensures compliance to all nuclear quality assurance (NQA) documentation and record keeping requirements, along with all nuclear security safeguards, NERC-CIP, critical digital asset and other Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) requirements.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Chemistry, Physics, or Mathematics and 4 years of job relevant experience; applicable Navy nuclear experience equally acceptable.Other Qualifications
Preferred: Master's Degree in Engineering or job relevant discipline.
- Must be able to maintain a position on the Fermi Emergency Response Organization ERO in support of the Radiological Emergency Response Plan RERP.
- Must be able to pass all phases of In-Processing including a background investigation, psychological screening, appropriate radiation worker/respiratory training and be medically certifiable drug and alcohol screen.
- Physical capability to work in the plant i.e. climb stairs, work in hot environment, work in radiation/contamination areas.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel and Word
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website