The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work including Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work”.
DTE Biomass Energy (DTEBE) develops, owns and operates landfill gas recovery systems throughout the United States. As a leader in landfill gas recovery, with more than 20 operating facilities stretching from New York to California, we have the proven capabilities to help provide communities with safe, environmentally sound energy. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, DTE Biomass Energy is a wholly owned subsidiary of DTE Energy. DTEBE has an immediate opening at (the facility below).
Uwharrie Mountain Renewable Energy, LLC is a landfill gas to energy facility located in Mt. Gilead, NC. The facility utilizes a gas treatment system to fuel (6) CAT 3520 reciprocating engines with generators that each produce 1.6 MW/hr. of electricity.
This position will be located at the Uwharrie Facility in Mt. Gilead, North Carolina, but will also be supporting other facilities in North Carolina and will be required to live within an hour commute of Lexington, NC, Statesville, NC and Winston-Salem, NC.
• This position is responsible for daily operations, routine maintenance, system troubleshooting, production reporting, responding to alarm conditions and making repairs.
• Work is performed under indirect supervision with results evaluated against achievement of set production and spending goals while adhering to policies, procedures and professional conduct always using safe practices in an environmentally responsible matter.
Note: This position reports to site located in Mt. Gilead North Carolina and will support other facilities in North Carolina. Because of this, the successful candidate will be required to live within an hour commute of Lexington NC, Statesville NC and Winston-Salem NC .
- Conducts day-to-day operations and maintenance of the plant including working with mechanical and electrical equipment
- Diagnoses and corrects adverse gas field and plant conditions and malfunctions
- Responds to alarm conditions, troubleshoots and repairs systems, and restores operational capacity
- Adheres to company and project specific health and safety requirements; participates in monthly safety audits and inspections
- Maintains administrative records including logbook, filing system for drawings, instruction books and manuals, spare parts inventory, and records
- Supports, assists, and directs the work of contractors on-site
- Routinely operates a motor vehicle and/or off-road vehicle on undeveloped terrain
- The successful candidate will be required to live within an hour commute of Lexington NC, Statesville NC and Winston-Salem NC
• Previous military experience
• A technical degree in an electrical or mechanical field is preferable, or equivalent work experience with electrical and mechanical systems
• Familiar with gas compression and/or gas transportation
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The following physical demands must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Successfully complete pre-employment physical including ability to utilize respiratory protection and all other safety requirements, drug screen and background check
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls due to regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and/or machinery
• Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-14 hour shifts, including walking long distances, up and down stairs and on uneven ground
• Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons including wet and/or humid conditions, and extreme cold and/or heat
• Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments
• Must be able to frequently lift objects of up to 50 pounds in weight
• Vision requirements for this position include close, distance and peripheral vision, along with depth perception
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Most work is within the vicinity of a municipal solid waste disposal facility
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website