The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
Manager - Corporate Strategy
Location: Detroit, MI
Corporate Strategy Manager Position Description:
DTE Energy is seeking ambitious, energetic individuals to join its Corporate Strategy group with offices in Ann Arbor and Detroit. The group is comprised of former consultants from top-tier strategy firms, investment bankers, finance professionals, and recent MBA graduates. The group is led by the VP of Corporate Strategy who directly reports to DTE's CEO.
The Corporate Strategy group works with all of DTE's businesses to address the complex challenges facing the energy industry today. As a manager in the group, the candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to and/or lead multi-disciplinary teams engaged in strategic initiatives. Examples include:
- Understanding industry trends and their implications for DTE, e.g., by assessing in the impact of new technologies like distributed energy resources on the company's operations and bottom line;
- Analyzing the value and the risks of major capital investments, e.g., in the context of developing DTE's long-term electric distribution investment strategy;
- Driving efforts to transform our operations, e.g., through cost and rate benchmarking and by driving efforts to align our long-term workforce plans with changes to our asset fleet; and
- Facilitating senior management's strategic planning process, e.g., through the preparation of the annual strategic board offsite discussions
This group has become a premier “feeder” of top talent for the company. This position provides strong visibility with DTE's leadership team.
We are seeking candidates with an MBA or a Master's Degree/PhD in a relevant field from a leading university and three to six years of post-MBA experience, ideally in management consulting and/or investment banking. In the absence of an MBA or equivalent degree, an undergraduate degree with 6+ years of work experience and a manager title with a leading consulting firm are required.
Some of the desired qualifications are described below:
- Strong record of professional experience that demonstrates increasing responsibilities
- Combination of analytical aptitude, problem solving skills and understanding of strategic business issues
- Quantitative undergraduate degree is a plus (e.g., engineering, economics)
- Ability to manage and motivate highly-talented individuals
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to deliver results against tight timelines
- Ability to communicate results to senior management verbally and written in a clear and logical manner
- Ability to get agreement/buy-in, and a team-oriented work ethic
- High level of integrity, accountability, confidence
- Solid understanding of the energy industry and the challenges it is facing
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website