DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century. And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
- Advanced level engineer responsible for planning and conducting complex engineering related activities requiring the use of innovative techniques and the extension of theories. Applies thorough and diversified knowledge of engineering or scientific principles and practice in broad areas of assignment. Recognized for their expertise in a given specialty area or discipline. Incumbent makes decisions independently and represents the Business Unit in resolving important engineering related questions. Builds and maintains effective relationships with key internal and/or external decision makers.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Leads the development and execution of large or complex engineering projects.
- Establishes and reviews test procedures; uses engineering expertise to determine when new or alternative technology, processes, and materials may be advantageous, and promotes their adoption and application.
- Conducts multifaceted technical investigations. Understands and resolves complex issues that are unclearly defined.
- Conducts studies and analyses in the resolution of engineering- related issues; may develop or update engineering standards and practices.
- Creates documentation and communication for project progress or results.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, and implements new engineering practices to improve medium term business operations and goals.
- Serves as a skilled resource for less experienced engineers; provides analysis and recommendations on cross functional projects.
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and a minimum of 8 years of job relevant experience Preferred: Master's Degree in Engineering or job relevant discipline Proficiency in computer applications relevant for field Advanced analytical and problemsolving skills Welldeveloped planning and continuous improvement skills Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Power SYstem Protection & Control
- Experience with Distribution, Transmission, & Generator Relays
- Experience with Relay schemes & equipment
- Experience with NERC Operations, and Planning (693) Standards, primarily, Protection & Control (PRC) standards PRC-002, PRC-004, and/or PRC-005
- Ability to provide field and technical support to Relay technicians as needed
- Comfortable ensuring timely completion of all compliance deliverables as required by the NERC Reliability standards
- Ability to perform in-depth reviews of business unit processes, procedures, and related controls to determine the effectiveness of reliability standards adherence and compliance practices
- Ability to prepare, coordinate, and support compliance audits conducted by internal and/or external resources
- Familiarity with NERC reliability standards, NERC topics, current industry trends, and alerts to ensure compliance
- Ability to carry out complex projects and assignments independently
- Proficiency in computer applications relevant for field
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Developed planning and continuous improvement skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website