Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The Senior Supply Chain Strategy and Planning Manager is responsible for all aspects of the design, pre-construction and scoping of DG fulfillment centers. The primary function of this position is the design and implementation of the distribution center(s) of the future as well as the identification, and implementation of best in class solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads DC design efforts of the DC of the future incorporating best in class solutions providing a reliable, efficient and scalable operation resilient to changing market conditions Leads key cross-functional and strategic projects that deliver significant value.
- Works throughout the organization to define, deliver and measure project results. Provides project management, analytics, and measure to projects to ensure milestones are met and deliverables achieved.
- Rigorously supports the identification, evaluation, implementation and execution of processes that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization. Supports strategic planning, process review and improvement projects to improve corporate performance.
- Partners with supply chain, store operations, merchandising, and other department leadership in the development and deployment of process improvement initiatives. Works with IT, finance and other support functions to remove constraints, justify investments, and implement solutions that improve service and reduce expense.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Strong analytical and process mapping skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to lead presentations to various levels of management
- Ability to quickly identify potential drivers of emerging problems, root cause, and generate solutions
- Ability to partner, coordinate, and delegate to all levels of management
- Ability to lead multiple priorities and projects
- Design and execute appropriate analyses to size potential impact of problems or solutions
Work Experience &/or Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of five years industrial engineering, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and/or project management experience required.
- Experience in the design of distribution centers highly desirable.
- Experience in the identification, evaluation, and implementation of automated solutions in distribution centers preferred.
- Advanced degree or significant professional experience preferred.
Apply on company website