Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,720 stores in 46 states as of July 31, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Responsible for providing leadership to Talent Acquisition Reps and support to Field HR Directors and Sr. Talent Managers in the hiring and retention of Store Managers. Develop and implement recruiting initiatives that build bench strength, reduce turnover and ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws. Assist the Director of Talent Acquisition in the management of talent strategy and metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain ongoing succession planning management for assigned area of responsibility, and ensure adequate staffing Talent Acquisition team.
- Lead team to ensure they are properly interviewing quality internal and external candidates for Store Manager positions to be presented to District Managers
- Provide direction to opportunity staffing markets including strategic action planning in partnership with field operations and HR leaders.
- Assist with the talent strategy for the field organization, including new recruiting avenues, vendors and local markets.
- Provide store manager staffing reports to the field organization, monitoring weekly progress on staffing needs, turnover, succession planning and other related issues.
- Perform market visits with Regional Directors to support staffing needs and organize/conduct hiring events and staffing meetings as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong recruiting skills and ability to identify quality candidates.
- Ability to lead a team of exempt level recruiters.
- Extensive knowledge of all relevant recruiting and employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to achieve measurable results through collaboration and influence.
- Exceptional planning, coordination, project management and implementation skills.
- Understanding of overall recruiting process including time-to-fill, turnover, internal promotion rates, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the retail environment.
- Understanding of total reward programs and employee relations.
- Good computer skills; ability to develop spreadsheets and reports to analyze company staffing needs.
- Excellent collaboration and consensus building skills.
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks for timely completion.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Work Experience and/or Education:
- Bachelor's degree required – Graduate degree is a plus.
- Proven track record of progressive HR leadership within an organization.
- Five to seven years of recruiting exempt level candidates and/or three or more years of HR Generalist experience is preferred.
- Experience in leading and developing exempt employees.
Note: This position requires travel and overnight stays; a current driver's license and acceptable driving history is required.
Apply on company website