Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
- Responsible for site analysis/sales projections of potential new and relocation opportunities in a regional territory (typically 4 – 5 states). Sites submitted are scrutinized based on demographic, psychographic, competitive, and physical criteria and are modeled based upon a proprietary sales modeling technology and adjusted based on analyst's understanding of market conditions and analog store trends. Analyst ensures that the site is competitively positioned and fits the overall New store or Relocation strategy. Sites are run through a financial pro-forma to additionally ensure they meet corporate financial hurdle rates.
- Responsible for strategic planning of potential new and relocation opportunities in assigned territory ensuring an adequate pipeline to meet corporate objectives. All potential opportunities are discovered, vetted, and scored to develop a yearly strategic plan. That plan is deployed to and executed by Real-Estate Managers working in specific market areas.
- Participates in internal consulting projects that require spatial and/or financial analysis as directed by managers; seeks feedback and assistance as needed. Sample projects include Competitor Impact Analysis, Store Closing Profitability and Sales Transfer Analysis, Potential Real-Estate Acquisitions, New Market Cost Benefit Analysis, Disaster Store Analysis, Regional Mapping, etc.
- Responsible for market enhancement strategy for existing markets to ensure we maintain a profitable network of stores and can adjust to ever changing market conditions. All stores within a market are analyzed for current performance/profitability, real-estate characteristics, and competitive environment.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Detail-oriented individual who can produce quality work with limited need for revisions
- Ability to think analytically and spatially and make recommendations based on limited information
- Ability to effectively communicate and present findings while being prepared for “the next question”
- Ability to multi-task, gather data from multiple sources, prioritize, and manage/manipulate data
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, stay organized, and deliver quality results
- Must be a dedicated team player, but capable of working independently, and self-motivated
- Familiarity with Geographic Information System (GIS) technologies and mapping software
- Knowledge of Financial Metrics and Accounting principles
Work Experience and/or Education:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business or related field. 2+ Years in related field, market planning or strategic planning preferred.
Apply on company website