Industrial Engineering position works closely with Distribution leadership in implementing process improvement including but not limited to automated systems. This effort includes ensuring site readiness, testing, go-live planning, execution and post implementation related activities. This position will also include the introduction of new handling equipment, creation and execution of new SOP's, and tracking/reporting data intended to improve the total productivity and throughput of the facility while maintaining a safe environment for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop standard process and ergonomic layout for associates working at automation system to promote safe and productive environment
- Partners with cross functional team to accomplish the tasks within the predetermined timeline
- Physically oversees all onsite activities related to go-live of automation system including site readiness, construction, testing, and training
- Continuous Improvement
- Document lessons learned from the deployed sites and transfer the learning and best practices to the next site
- Improve lead time on overall implementation efforts to drive program benefits
- Maintain visibility of DC and system performance of automated network
- Project Managment
- Lead and support key company initiatives to drive productivity, throughput, quality standards, and safety
- Responsible for reporting and communication updates with the internal & external customers, including but not limited to DG leadership and key stakeholders as well as third party vendors, contractors, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working with automated storage & retrieval system and conveyor systems
- Thorough knowledge of distribution center, warehouse management system (WMS) and labor management system (LMS)
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills
Work Experience &/or Education:
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or related field required. At least 3-5 years of warehouse experience required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Ability to travel up to 70%.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website