Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Works with cross functional team to collaborate on produce implementation and field training strategy to improve existing field execution and process management. Primarily focused on field visitation into newly on-boarded stores and existing high risk markets to drive employee engagement while building solid relationships
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate field relationships with DVP, RD, DM, and store with SSC Operations and Merchandising teams. Work with field leadership to resolve market issues quickly and effectively.
- Teach and coaches field leadership (RD, DM) on the importance of produce processes, driving improved results.
- Partners with field leadership, ensuring effective execution of produce implementation and strategic objectives.
- Partners with field teams in gathering information and conducting root cause analysis; collecting and interpreting data used for evaluation of processes and equipment; performing analysis and recommending changes to optimize productivity; and developing long-term improvement strategies that coincide with the defined goals.
- Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with large groups
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve desired results through execution, influencing others, and ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to consistently react appropriately under pressure, apply good judgment in ambiguous situations, and demonstrated flexibility/adaptability
- Ability to effectively work with others in cross-functional activities and objectives in a participative management style
- Strong verbal, written and technical communication abilities
- Exhibited leadership capabilities to influence others, train and develop field leaders to meet company objectives
- Occasional handling of equipment (hand-held scanner, price guns, box cutters, rolltainers)
- Extensive travel up to 4 nights per week
- Communicates effectively by providing clear written and verbal communication while demonstrating effective listening skills
- Demonstrates adaptability by adjusting to changing business priorities
- Basic knowledge level in spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation skills
Work Experience &/ Education:
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years in retail experience in Field Operations; District Manager level or above, equivalent education and experience combination will be considered.
- Preferred 2-3 years with Fresh Perishables / Produce experience in field operations.
- Buying district level experience in the grocery / produce industry.
- Leading teams with Sales / Business Development experience
Apply on company website