Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,720 stores in 46 states as of July 31, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Owns and manages specific projects, initiatives, and/or activities for the Operational effectiveness team. Works alongside the Sr. Director to collaborate on projects, initiatives, and/or activities to improve company engagement strategies, positive work environment and Union-free status in our store locations. Conducts data diagnostics, and in-store diagnostics during travel into focus markets and helps leadership identify “Root cause” problems and areas of opportunity. Primarily focused on visits into high risk markets, employee engagement and building solid relationships in focus markets. Many projects will involve cross-functional partnership(s) and/or in-store touchpoints.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Take action to stabilize high risk markets
- Must be able to travel within 24-hour notice and stay in locations for weeks at a time
- Conduct training on both operation and engagement topics
- Work with leadership in markets to resolve market issues quickly and effectively
Data Measurement & Problem Solving
- Analyzes and gathers data to evaluate and diagnose global/market issues using internal and external metrics
- Assists in root cause analysis in broken markets at efficiency and leadership levels
Training, Education, Resolving market issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with large groups of employees and gain their trust
- Presents and answers questions in focus groups, training sessions for multiple levels
- Work with large amounts of data and filter down to most relevant
Coordinating Training, On-site projects
- Schedule and handle logistics while in high-risk markets that include lodging, meeting rooms and outside council.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Quickly identify potential drivers of operations/engagement problems in store locations
- Help develop creative solutions to identified problems in markets and give constructive feedback
- Excellent communication skills and able to connect with employees on many different levels
- Build relationships with teams in a short duration, building trust and opening lines of communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive leadership and deliver quick/concise message
- Manage and lead focus groups, training sessions and present findings and solutions
- Help create and execute programs/strategies and implement plan for rollout to enterprise
- Lead multiple priorities and projects simultaneously while organizing and scheduling other events
- Prioritize projects based upon solution impact, time to implement and/or direction from leadership
- Strong communication skills—both written and verbal
- Ability to partner, coordinate and discuss solutions.
- Proven track record of producing results and meeting or exceeding objectives
- Proficient knowledge of DG processes and programs
- Proven track record of employee engagement practices and or solid communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Excel, PPT and Word documents such as presentations, pivot tables,
- and collecting large amounts of information and compressing into actionable data points.
Work Experience &/or Education:
- 6+ years' experience in related field with 3-5 years in a supervisory role.
- District Manager retail operations experience required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
Apply on company website