DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
The StaRN Perioperative Nurse Specialty Program is a unique educational opportunity to meet the critical need for Perioperative Surgical Nurses. It is innovatively designed to provide intense post- graduate training for newly licensed and experienced nurses with a passion to work in the OR setting. The program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today's Operating Room environment.
The OR Residency Program will begin Monday: September 13, 2021. The program is comprised of a combination of didactic training, hands-on skills labs, on-line education through the AORN Peri-Op 101 Course, hands-on clinical training, and clinical preceptorship at the sponsoring facility.
The OR Residency Program will last for approximately 22 weeks:
- The first ten (10) weeks include a combination of interactive classroom discussions, case studies, online learning, and hands-on skills training with experienced StaRN clinical instructors in the hospital Operating Room/Surgical Suite
- The remaining twelve (12) weeks is spent at the sponsoring facility working with an experienced clinical nurse preceptor
What does this StaRN OR Program include?
- 22 weeks of Intensive OR Specific Training and Education
- AORN Perioperative 101: A Core Curriculum
- American Red Cross BLS & ACLS Certifications
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Certification
- Meditech (EHR) Training and Validation
- Perioperative medication management training
- Basic Dysrhythmia Training
- TeamSTEPPS Training
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be placed in a permanent, full-time Surgical Services Registered Nurse role!
We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several other perks to make your benefits package customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Requirements to be considered for the program:
- Program acceptance requires a two-year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the two-year commitment is fulfilled, they will be required to meet a pro-rated monetary responsibility
Graduation from an accredited school of Registered Nursing is required
Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation by the program start date
A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
If Registered Nurse with experience - acute care hospital experience is preferred
Candidates must live within 30 minutes of facility to meet call requirements
100% Attendance - no time off may be granted during program
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website