About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living ranks prominently among the 9 largest senior housing providers in the US, and is nationally renowned for designing, developing, marketing, and operating a multi-brand portfolio of upscale, luxury senior-living communities.
With a 30-year reputation and almost 14,000 existing homes or homes under development, our company is a recognized industry leader with a penchant for excellence and innovation.
Discovery Senior Living is looking for a Business Office Manager to join our community TerraBella Spartanburg.
- Prepares and submits necessary documentation for resident move-ins, move-outs, transfers and ancillary charges.
- Oversees cash controls including the depositing and posting of cash receipts and implementing and monitoring controls over petty cash
- Maintains daily cashbooks for operational accounts and prepare monthly bank reconciliation. Monitors and oversees the processing of accounts payable.
- Ensures department manager's complete appropriate assignment of departmental expenses and supporting documentation is executed and maintained.
- Coordinates the processing of payroll and employee benefits; and the payment of insurance, real estate taxes and related reporting requirements.
- Prepares and enters journal entries and maintains appropriate sub schedules for Balance Sheet accounts.
- Reviews and distributes the monthly financial statements.
- Prepares Management reports as requested.
- Maintains team member, resident, vendor and financial accounting files in accordance with established policies and requirements.
- Interfaces with residents on billing/collection issues.
- Oversees preparation and maintenance of resident files, records and reports.
- Manages community Human Resource function. Responsible for ensuring a positive first impression, following the established new hire orientation program.
- Oversees payroll and Team Member paperwork including new hire and Change forms.
- Manages open positions using the applicant tracking system (ATS) and job postings. Manages scheduling for Concierge team members.
- Creates set-up and oversight for Health Center resident's/patient's private accounts and prepares necessary reports to adhere to State, Local and Federal guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with one year experience as an Accountant, or
- Associates degree in Accounting with two to three years related experience
Benefits: Salary $40,000 - $50,000 depending on experience.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Thank you for your interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly.
Apply on company website