Primary Care IM/FM Out-Patient Clinic
Peru, IL, VA Healthcare
The primary care provider should, in the context of a longitudinal relationship, fulfill all primary care needs, including acute and chronic illness, gender-specific PC, mental health (Screen for conditions such as depression, substance use/abuse, military sexual trauma and PTSD, and evaluate and treat uncomplicated mental health disorders as well as substance use disorders and refer patients appropriately for further evaluation and treatment of sexual assault and military sexual trauma, mental health disorders and substance use disorders) and preventative care (age-appropriate cancer screening e.g., colon, breast and cervical cancer - as well as weight management counseling, Chlamydia screening (when indicated), smoking cessation and immunizations, etc.) along with coordination of care delivery (when specialty care is needed, the primary care provider will coordinate this care and communicate with the specialty provider regarding the evaluation and treatment plan to ensure continuity of care).
The medical practitioner will have administrative, clinical, and educational responsibilities. The medical practitioner is expected to demonstrate knowledge of established and evolving biomedical, clinical and social sciences and the application of their knowledge to patient care and the education of others. The medical practitioner will ensure practice-based learning and improvement, and he/she will be expected to be able to use scientific evidence and methods to investigate, evaluate, and improve patient care.
The Medical Practitioner is expected to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills, and behaviors that reflect a commitment to continuous professional development, ethical practice, and understanding and sensitivity to diversity. The Medical Practitioner is expected to demonstrate both an understanding of the context and systems in which health care is provided, and the ability to apply this knowledge to improve optimizing health care.
Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
A recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized for this position.
Guaranteed incentive for 4 years, 25% a year.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
The LaSalle Veterans Affairs Community Based Outpatient Clinic has an opportunity for a Primary Care Provider. Physicians in the VA have the distinguished opportunity to work with our Nation's Heroes. Practice patient driven care while enjoying excellent benefits and work-life balance. You will have a panel of up to 1200 patients with 12 – 14 patients per day. There are no on-call duties.
Welcome to Peru, IL
Come for the Beauty, Stay for the Adventure
All of us in LaSalle County invite you to experience a family vacation destination that was worth waiting for: 3,000 acres of lush forests to explore; Seasonal waterfalls to gaze upon; Towering river bluffs to picnic by; Rivers to raft, boat, or fish and Scenic boat tours in which to relax
After your close encounter with nature, shop in charming shops and downtown districts, eat favorite local dishes, step back in time at one of the many museums and mansions.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at these facilities
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No physician employment contracts!
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant
Apply on company website