DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $27.00 - $41.10 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.$10,000 Sign-on Bonus for those who qualify!
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Denver Midtown Surgery Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a PACU Nurse to join our healthcare family.Benefits
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Denver Midtown Surgery Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
At Denver Midtown Surgery Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our PACU Nurse opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a PACU Nurse for our ambulatory surgery center who demonstrates the values of our company by caring like family. You will ensure safe and effective nursing care rendered postoperatively until the patient is dismissed from the facility. With your expertise, our center will continue its' legacy of employing nurses who contribute to the company's mission and vision.
What you will do in this role:
- Prepare your patients' care area adequately and ensure necessary equipment and supplies and provided
- You will demonstrate proper airway management techniques
- Monitor your patients according to policy (vital signs, temperature, cardiac, etc.).
- You will exhibit proper technique for insertion, maintenance, and removal of IV catheters and saline locks
- Perform and document head to toe evaluation of your patients utilizing an approved scoring system in line with HCA policy and procedure
- Check dressings and/or operative site of your patients and report abnormalities to the surgeon
- Provide a safe and comforting environment for your patients and family
- Ensure your patients meet discharge criteria
Qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Preop, PACU, ER or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
- Active RN license as required by state of employment
- Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable
- ACLS required
- PALS as required by facility
Midtown Surgical Center was founded in 1995. We are a multi-specialty surgery center. The center performs over 5,400 cases per year. Services in colorectal, gynecology, GI, ENT, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pain, plastics, podiatry, urology and urogynecology specialties. We are AAAHC accredited. Our location is two blocks west of the Denver Zoo and accessible to public transportation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our PACU Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website