The successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
Are you interested in positively impacting students' lives? We are seeking collaborative, energetic, and innovative adjunct physics instructors who are committed to student retention and success. Instructors are responsible for establishing and promoting as effective learning environment to maximize student learning. Instructors will be assigned to teach physics courses in traditional classroom settings, computer-mediated classrooms, or online as needed in the Science and Mathematics Division at Delta College.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach applied and/or general physics and provide appropriate support to students
- Understanding of and ability to work with a diverse student population
- Use of email, internet-based resources, and common Office software
- Ability to teach in a variety of formats, including incorporating online learning systems
- Understanding of ADA requirements and willingness to create accessible materials
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Understanding Delta Mission/Vision/Values
- Master's degree in physics, astronomy, or earth science.
- Ability to teach using a variety of formats including the use of technology as a learning tool.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
- Doctorate's degree in physics or astronomy or related field.
- Teaching experience at the community college level.
- Recent experience in teaching introductory physics or astronomy in an active engagement environment.
- Ability to teach in a variety of formats, including online.
- Ability to teach non-science majors that are mathematically under-prepared.
- Substantive multicultural experience (for example: urban community service, academic course work in minority or foreign language studies, or teaching experiences with minority students).
- Evidence of teaching astronomy in the last five years or have successfully completed an astronomy course during the last five years.
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.
- Course assignment is dependent on the applicant's qualifications and demonstrated abilities.
- If you are selected for an interview, you are required to provide a teaching demonstration on topics selected by the Science and Mathematics Division.
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
Apply on company website