DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Manager of Case Management you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Del Sol Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Del Sol Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Case Management Manager like you to be a part of our team.
As the Case Management Manager you will work in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary car team using a proactive approach to facilitate effective and efficient patient care during the hospital stay. You will demonstrate initiative and self-direction in managing and providing oversight for the Case Management and Social Services Departments. You will be a working management position; the Case Management Manager will perform all function of Case Management in addition to supervising and ensuring staffing in the departments.
- You will work in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary care team using a proactive approach to facilitate effective and efficient patient care during the hospital stay.
- You will facilitate effective and efficient patient care during the hospital stay. Face-to-face visit with patients and/or family members for comprehensive assessment for discharge needs taking into account the patient's needs, current and prospective functional capacities, resources and support systems.
- You will perform follow-up visits and phone calls with patients and/or families as needed
- You will perform accurate and timely utilization review of patient charts to insure appropriate utilization of hospital resources and facilities
- You will provide clinical information to 3rd party payers in support of the patient's admission and/or continued hospital stay
- You will have active communication with the physicians regarding issues such as length of stay, admission and/or treatment criteria, am how to render services in the most cost effective setting
- You will do a comprehensive assessment that takes into account the patient's needs, current and prospective functional capacities, resources and support systems.
- You will act as a liaison between patients, families, visitors, physicians, SDGH DSMC staff and/or other community service providers
- You will analyze case management and social work functions and data.
- You will prepare and review data analyses related to the effective of services: length of stay, avoidable days, reimbursement, resource utilization, and variances.
- You will be a liaison between senior hospital management and departmental staff to communicate facility and departmental goals.
- You will provide oversight and direction of department operations.
- You will participate in annual budgeting process and monitors departmental adherence.
- You will maintain communication among staff members in the department.
- You will assist the director with employee performance evaluations, counseling, and interview process.
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As the only full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Manager of Case Management opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 5 years of Case Management experience in an acute care setting and 2 years of supervisory or management experience: Preferred.
- Registered BSN or Licensed Vocational Nurse with clinically focused work history: Required.
License / Certification
- Current RN Texas License: Required
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website