Our Puget Sound Region is hiring a Transportation Stormwater Engineer to support our Roads and Highways group while working on transportation related projects. This position is can be located in either Bellevue, Seattle, or Tacoma WA. A successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter assigned to work on multi-discipline projects performing engineering calculations and design using specialized technical skills, experience and engineering judgment to transform concept designs into construction drawings and technical specifications. The work may include street improvements, utility plans, freeway, highway and roadway design, construction documents and all supporting documentation. Our ideal candidate would be proficient with horizontal and vertical alignment design; storm drainage modeling, design and report preparation; sanitary sewer/waterline designs; utility relocations; coordination with other engineering disciplines; quantity take-offs; specifications; and engineer's estimates. The candidate would also be eager to accept new challenges to diversify their skills by not only performing transportation engineering work, but also construction observation, general civil design, and traffic engineering. Finally, a successful candidate will have good interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for work.
Other duties include:
- Serve as task leader to coordinate projects with project managers and firm staff.
- Attend project coordination meetings with client and other team members.
- Provide sketches and/or detailed layout information to design staff for incorporation into the construction drawings.
- Develop preliminary and final plans in Autodesk Civil 3D, and Microstation/InRoads software.
- Prepare and design street improvement plans, public improvement plans, and rough and precise grading plans.
- Analyze maps, reports, drawings, as-builts for design projects.
- Prepare and modify reports, specifications and designs for projects.
- Develop, track and modify project schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in Washington state
- 6+ years of civil engineering design related to transportation projects
- AutoCAD and Microstation project experience
- Civil 3D and/or InRoads experience – alignment, grading, and pipe design
- Project experience with local public agencies
- Storm drainage hydraulic modeling, design and report preparation
- Washington State Department of Ecology Stormwater manual expertise
- WSDOT Hydraulics and Highway Runoff Manuals expertise
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five practices: Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Smart Mobility, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering. This position may be based in either the Transit and Rail or the Smart Mobility practice.
Potential office locations include: Bellevue, WA; Seattle, WA; Tacoma, WA.
Apply on company website