CVS Health has an exciting opportunity in Lenexa, KS for a Pharmacy Technician to be a part of our Specialty Mail Order Pharmacy team! In this role you will assist in accurately reading, interpreting and entering prescriptions into the computer system, including the calculation of doses, assignment of directions and accepting proper insurance payment in a timely fashion.
You will also contact doctor's offices and insurance companies to ensure the accuracy of our patient's specialty medication orders. At times you will also be responsible for answering patient calls to coordinate and process new patient medication orders and reorders, which includes verifying and re-verifying benefits. Successful candidates will have superb communication skills and excellent data entry skills. If you like working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrating compassionate, genuine care for patients and customers, this job is for you!
We are currently seeking individuals interested in working onsite full time. The shifts we are hiring for are Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5pm OR 9:30am to 6pm. You will be required to work 1 closing shift a week (11am-7:30pm). Training is onsite from 8:00am-4:30pm for the first 4-6 weeks.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance as well as a wide-ranging list of supplemental benefits and discount programs. In addition to sixteen paid days off for employees, we also offer paid holidays.
Our application process is 2 simple steps:
1. Apply online
2. Take our Online Virtual Job Tryout (Interview Platform) to learn even more about the position
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Active Pharmacy Technician License with the Kansas Board of Pharmacy.
• Three months experience working in a pharmacy
• Six months work experience with Windows-based applications like Windows, Microsoft Office, internet navigation, and email applications
• Six months computer keyboarding skills and aptitude
• Must be able to sit or stand for duration of shift (8-10 hours). While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to utilize a keyboard and operate departmental machinery.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Prefer six months of work experience as a pharmacy technician
• Prefer three months experience handling and resolving customer needs over the phone
• Prefer Healthcare work experience and familiarity with benefits, insurance, prescriptions
• Prefer Medical billing, coding, and other medical assisting roles
• Prefer customer service experience in an office environment
• Verifiable High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website