The Senior Director of Vaccines Management will be responsible for leading the sourcing of vaccines for the retail business segment, including MinuteClinic. Keys to success will be building a strong executive level relationships within the vaccine pharmaceutical industry and realizing the value of dispensing a portfolio of vaccines though our retail assets; additionally success will hinge on a broad industry knowledge of vaccine pricing policies, trends, and innovation expected in the marketplace. A significant financial benefit to the organization is expected and will need to be handled.
• Support the P & L budgets and targets set forth by senior leadership
• Support opportunities to position CVS as a specialist on all elements of pharmacy related programs and services
• Uses relationships and external data to generate product intelligence
• Attend industry conferences and stay abreast to changing vaccine market dynamics, especially for non-flu in order to grow share
• Support new product offerings that link business objectives to the enterprise goals
• Assist in identifying offerings that will improve vaccination dispensing (e.g. ScriptSync, home delivery, text messages) and that will increase lifetime value of a CVS patient
This position will require 25% travel (after Covid travel restrictions are in effect)
• Minimum 10 years of proven experience
• Broad vaccine pharmaceutical industry knowledge of drug pricing policies, trends and innovation
• Experience working in health plans or pharmacy with experience in drug spend and formulary strategies.
• Pharmaceutical Manufacturer experience
• Background in complex contract negotiations, leading and managing multiple manufacturer relationships
• Experience in executive analytics, designing and building executive-level, analytic convincing business presentations
• Dynamically responsible leadership experience with engaging, leading and motivating multi-level teams and individuals
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship, and listening skills and able to communicate in a way that helps leaders envision and understand future potential.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and able to work effectively in cross-functional teams and influence business partners.
• Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills with executive level internal and external customers
• Deep level of understanding of finance
• Strategic vision, critical thinking and creativity
• Ability to effectively collaborate across the organization with other departments and deploy capabilities to internal and external customers.
• Ability to problem solve, identify and remove roadblocks, triage and prioritize issues that impact one or more project work streams.
• Pharmaceutical supply chain and distribution
• Vaccine market pricing
• Pharmacy or Pharmacy Benefit Management analytics experience
Bachelor's degree required,
Master's degree or other advanced degree preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website