In this role, you will use your experience with system integration, Big Data, Streaming and Cloud technologies to help build our Health based Cloud platform as a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA, Hartford, CT or Denver, CO. You will work on cutting-edge applications and products. Brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
• Design, develop, implement, and support data pipelines for enterprise-scale datasets, using Big Data tools, such as Hive, Pig, Spark, Python and Kafka
• As part of a small team of highly skilled data engineers, you will own significant responsibility in designing, developing and maintaining our large-scale ETL pipelines, storage, and processing services
- You will partner with data science and engineering teams and develop algorithms to answer complex questions on usage of our products. You will have the opportunity to learn and work on the latest Big Data technologies, lead POCs to demonstrate new ideas and influence the future direction of our technology stack
- Establish frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and micro-services
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of, and ability to operationalize, leading data technologies and best practices
• Experience developing ETL workflows using tools like Hive, Pyspark and Python
• In-depth knowledge and experience working in one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop ecosystem , cloud storage services (i.e. Amazon S3, DocumentDB, RDS are the main ones we use)
• Experience with Docker and microservices design architecture.
• 3 + years of Software Development Experience using Agile or similar framework.
• AWS Certified is a plus
• Proficient in working with Linux or other Unix operating systems, shell scripting, and networking technologies
• Knowledgeable in GPU or distributed computing libraries (i.e. RAPIDS, Dask, Spark).
• Knowledgeable with web application frameworks (i.e. Flask).
- Knowledgeable in statistics and/or machine learning fundamentals.
- Ambitious, passionate about software development, especially in data technologies, who love working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Organized, detail oriented, and thorough in every undertaking
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website