The Enterprise Data and Machine Learning team is looking for an accomplished technical individual contributor with previous experience in developing large-scale applications & delivering complex programs. The Sr. Data Engineer should have practical work experience in designing, deploying and owning large & mission critical applications. The ideal individual for this role should be comfortable working under minimum supervision and will drive the data engineering/development solutions that are consistent with enterprise standards.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The position requires strong attention to detail, excellent communications skills and exceptional follow through. Some of the responsibilities include:
• Assisting the team with technical direction for the design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of project solutions.
• Working hands on with RDBMS and Data Integration Tools.
• Assisting the technical team in identification and resolution of production issues.
• Working as part of the team with project management to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
We are looking for a colleague who can and has:
• Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and workload planning skills.
• Experience in configuration management and software release principles as well as change management concepts.
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements
• Experience in managing small to medium sized projects relating to the delivery of applications or application changes.
• Exposure to developing OLTP application
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 7+ years of hands-on expertise in working with large and complex OLTP Systems
• 5+ years hands-on experience in designing and writing PL/SQL for Oracle databases and SQL performance tuning.
• 3+ years full application development life cycle (analysis, design, development, testing and deployment)
5+ years of strong skills in writing advanced SQL and procedures
1+ years of experience Unix Scripting
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill
• Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize tasks efficiently with high level of attention to detail
• Capable of communicating effectively across a diverse workforce to ensure work transitions efficiently, without interruption
Experience performing data analysis and data exploration.
• Experience working in an agile delivery environment.
• Experience within the healthcare industry
Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems
Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands
Strong knowledge of large-scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or Equivalent Experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website