CVS Health has a rich set of healthcare data of more than 150 million individuals and provides the best foundation for any ambitious data engineer to work on billions of records of healthcare data. The Data Engineering – Big Data, Senior Advisor will lead the build and architecture of next-generation Big Data Machine Learning framework developed on a group of core Hadoop technologies. You will lead the design of highly scalable and extensible data platform including but not limited to RDBMS / Big Data / Cloud, which enables industrializing collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from heterogeneous channels.
The Data Engineer – Big Data, Senior Advisor will collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to analyze and synthesize the healthcare related data to meet the insights, reporting dashboard, and descriptive/predictive/prescriptive analytic requirements. You will work on data engineering solutions to leverage best practices and industry leading tools and technologies to profile data, develop efficient ingestion, and build semantic data layers by sourcing data from PBM, Specialty, Retail and HealthCare business.
You will conduct proof of concept work on Teradata, Azure, and/or GCP to design data solutions to explore data, understand the grain and relationship of the data entities, and attributes to implement robust analytic and reporting solutions. You need to have a thorough understanding of SAFe agile framework, DevOps, and how to operationalize and automate the data pipelines on Teradata and/or Big Data environments on on-prem/Cloud environments. You will be primarily responsible for designing conformed, aggregated, and semantic data layers, and manipulating large datasets to support insights and analytics using SQL, BTEQ, SAS, and similar tools.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Math, or related field with 10+ years of professional or business analytics experience; or Master's Degree
• 3+ years of experience in “Big data” platforms including Hadoop (preferably Azure or GCP) and technologies including Spark, Airflow, Kafka, NoSQL, etc.
• 3+ years of experience in Architectural experience in Data Lake implementations
• 3+ years of experience in Tools to automate CI/CD pipelines, such as Jenkins, GIT, or Control-M
• 3+ years of experience in Working as a lead on a large-scale Spark implementation
• 3+ years of experience in Data architecture and data modeling, including creating Semantic Layer Data Models
• 3+ years of experience in Developing Metrics and KPI data layers for broader business and analytic consumption
• Preferred experience in snowflake
• Traditional relational data warehouse technologies, such as Oracle, Teradata, or DB2
• One of the following programming languages: PySpark, Scala, or Java
• SQL, including Analytical SQL functions
• Translating analytical problems into structured programs, including PySpark or Scala
• Experience executing project in any Agile framework; preferably SAFe
• Presenting to audiences including technical, non-technical, and senior leaders
• Managing cross functional initiatives and communicating effectively and confidently with business partners, project team members, and senior management
• Previous healthcare experience and domain knowledge
• Experience working with data and understand analytics and how it is leveraged within the healthcare/retail industry
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Math, or related field; or Advanced Degree
• Preferred: Master's Degree with coursework focused on advanced algorithms, mathematics in computing, data structures, or related field
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website