The Senior Accountant would assist in the completion of timely and accurate statutory quarterly and annual statements and all related filings, including explanations of results to internal and external customers, and filing of all supplemental reports.
Other responsibilities include:
- Performing the financial statement analysis, which includes significant internal management quarterly deliverables that explain not only changes in our historical results but also emerging earnings trends.
- Interpret statutory guidelines, including NAIC pronouncements, and determine their effect on financial reporting matters as well as managing their implementation.
- Partner with and support other finance teams, business unit teams and various other partners as needed.
- Assist in the annual statutory financial audits and as needed on periodic regulatory/compliance audits.
- Liaises with external auditors, external and internal legal counsel and other internal constituents on accounting and reporting matters.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining relationships with state regulators with respect to all regulatory questions, ensuring that all issues and questions are responded to appropriately and timely.
- Special Projects as needed.
- Designs process, procedures, and internal controls to ensure and improve the accuracy of the company's financial statements and to mitigate risk or reporting errors.
- Ensure compliance with SOX and NAIC model Audit Rule
- Conduct technical accounting research on current/emerging issues that could have a material impact on the company's statutory financial statements and communicate impact to management.
- 2+ years of professional work experience, preferably in a related field such as Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience using MS Excel
- Insurance industry accounting
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Financial statement preparation skills required
- Demonstrated research, problem solving and resolution skills with minimal management intervention
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines
- Proven adaptability and flexibility to changing circumstances and conditions
- Demonstrated ability to learn, grasp and master new concepts quickly
- Demonstrated solid judgment and critical thinking to all decisions
- Strong communication skills required
- Strong Microsoft excel skills required
- Knowledge of SAP preferred but not required.
Verifiable Bachelor's degree required. Degrees in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred.
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
At CVS Health, we work every day to help people on their path to better health. Never has it been more important for us to deliver on our purpose to our valued customers, patients, members, and employees. With a presence in communities across the country, CVS Health colleagues are and will continue to be a critical piece of the country's health care solution. The health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, and members is our top priority as we face the impact of COVID-19 together. If you would like to learn about the actions we are taking as a company as we learn more about COVID-19 and its spread, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 resource center at https://cvshealth.com/covid-19
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request an accommodation, a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team by emailing Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team or calling 877-805-9511.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout, contact the Modern Hire Help Desk at 1-877-451-1695 or email@example.com.
Apply on company website