At Coram/CVS specialty infusion services, we have an extremely rewarding opportunity for you to apply your exceptional pharmacy skills in a home infusion pharmacy. As a national leader in the home infusion field, we seek to hire those special pharmacists who not only possess strong compounding expertise, but the kind of deep compassion and sensitivity it takes to build one-on-one relationships and support patients receiving infusion therapy in the comfort of their home.
As a Compounding Home Infusion Pharmacist you will work with specialized and complex therapies utilizing cutting edge technology. Use your clinical skills and infusion / TPN knowledge to provide specialty infusion services administered to patients in their homes. You will partner with clinical pharmacists, nursing team and oversee clean room operations.
Make a difference today by bringing your personal touch and clinical experiences that will support our patient's one on one care.
Our Albany, NY branch is seeking a Compounding Home Infusion Pharmacist available M-F, shift hours 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm and to participate in the on call rotation.
This is a full time position. Each and every day, in moments big and small, CVS Health is shaping the future of health care. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll receive a competitive benefits package that connects you with affordable, flexible and personalized programs for managing your overall well-being.
* Participate in patient evaluation and chart review for acceptance, product selection, device selection and supply management.
* Collect, interpret and evaluate all physician medication orders for therapeutic appropriateness, cost effectiveness, accuracy, safety and completeness.
* Directly supervise pharmacy technicians and support personnel in the appropriate compounding, packaging and labeling of compounded sterile products.
* Check compounded sterile products, computer order-entry and manage the pharmacy clean room suite to 797 requirements.
* Maintain appropriate inventory levels and ensure use of preferred products per formulary.
* Assist in training and orientation of new employees, performance improvement activities and educational programs.
* Participate in on call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs.
Learn more about Coram: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoramHealthcare
* Registered Pharmacist with current license in the State of New York.
* Additional licensure may be required in multi state service areas.
* Have and maintain current CPR certification if in direct contact with patients.
* Minimum one year hospital or home infusion therapy compounding experience
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
* Home infusion therapy compounding experience preferred.
* B.S. or Doctorate of Pharmacy degree is required.
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website