This position is an individual contributor role and fully remote.
Aetna, a CVS Health company, is the nation's premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
Aetna's Medicare Stars Team is growing and expanding! This is exciting opportunity to join a high performing, collaborative team as a Technical Analyst. This position will be responsible for implementation and support of midrange web technologies that enable Medicare Stars enterprise web environments to meet service level agreements while positioning to be responsive and proactive to changing business requirements.
This position is responsible for customizing, maintaining and/or developing code to support operations for Aetna's Medicare Stars Data Intelligence team by building web infrastructure environments for development and production web application server environments, including Microsoft IIS to support application deployment.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Independently designs and/or codes efficient, cost effective application program solutions (develops new and/or reuses existing code using program development software and/or integrates purchased solutions).
- Works on operational support requests and small projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines, that have system wide impact and that may integrate across the organization.
- With limited direction, translates business requirements to technical specifications.
-Creates technical designs for a new application or enhancements.
-Monitor overall capacity / performance of application and web server environment and perform necessary diagnostic and tuning for Microsoft IIS servers.
-Tune web infrastructure components for optimal performance for both system and application goals.
-Participates in development of operational tool sets and definition of methodologies.
- Support stress testing and monitoring of applications deployed in the web infrastructure.
- Consult as necessary to assist in identifying performance and behavior issues with web applications and their impact to the application server behavior.
- Work closely with Medicare Stars systems architect on application system design and user interface needs and objectives.
- Participates in all phases of development and implementation.
- Provides support on product specific technical questions and reviews of business requirements.
- Participate in small project initiatives with peers and business partners within Medicare Stars space and provide guidance and recommendations on solutions Software Troubleshooting.
- Diagnose, isolate and debug software problems and performs problem resolution. Capture necessary diagnostic information (i.e. traces, dumps) to provide to vendor.
- Utilizes all the available diagnostic tools including interacting with the user, vendor and other technical areas.
- Participates in the development of tactical and long-term strategies for web infrastructure hardware/software solutions taking into consideration performance, reliability, functionality, scalability and cost.
- Provides input to technology strategies in support of business requirements.
- Abides and supports current security best practices, compliance and regulatory regulations.
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit
- Foundational level knowledge of Web Internet Security and base level knowledge of business areas.
- Foundational understanding of J2EE and .Net concepts and architecture.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills with proven experience in diagnostic and troubleshooting experience in software and enterprise environments.
-3-5+ years of .Net development experience and web/systems engineering experience in distributed enterprise environments.
- Cloud experience is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams with multiple stakeholders.
- Degree in computer science or other related field highly preferred.
- Degree in Computer Science, HealthCare Informatics, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, degree and/or the equivalent work experience in infrastructure technology disciplines.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website