Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster? Interested in generating analytical insights that inform provider networks and engagement strategies that support members on their individualized health and wellness journey? Aetna's Provider & Network Analytics team delivers strategically impactful programs and tools that expand convenient access to high-quality and affordable care for all members across multiple channels across all stages of life.
At Aetna, we're pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you'll build industry-leading analytics, data, and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. This position will play a critical role within a cross-functional team, delivering powerful solutions that inform network strategy and design, improve network performance and provider engagement, develop new provider offerings, and enhance consumer experience.
You will be part of a fast-paced, innovative, collaborative team, helping solve problems, drive impact, and deliver key insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine & deep learning, and predictive modeling techniques. You will derive meaning from data and deploy robust solutions through provider-directed engagement channels (e.g., digital) that helps consumers identify affordable care, when they need it, and with whom.
Role & Responsibilities
• Manages and is responsible for the successful delivery of the algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools to meet business needs.
• Acts as the analytic team lead for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
• Develops complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
• Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and complex business problems, utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and specialized expertise in the organization and/or industry.
• Applies analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques.
• Manages large and complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing. Behaves as mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
• Collaborates with business partners to develop technical /business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
• Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
• 7-10 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
• Strong skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
• Deep knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
• Solid understanding of health care industry, products, and systems.
• Demonstrates proficiency in all areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and advanced in-depth specialization in some areas.
• Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
• Master's degree or PhD preferred.
Please review required qualifications above
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website