As the Senior Advisor Android Architect, you be a part of a large-scale architecture, product and engineering environment designing software products and apps utilized in integrated retail and healthcare domain. You will be leading or facilitating the design and development based on the requirements finalized and functional definition provided by product during implementation of the solution. You should be fast learner, great communicator, great problem solver, self-motivated, flexible with domain, and strong analytical skills with solid attention to quality and detail. You will be developing working relationships with product managers, software engineers and others. You should be facilitating planning, tracking and scheduling software deliverables.
• Experience in architecting and building seamless features/application from scratch using relevant architecture frameworks in defining and evaluating application architectures.
• Work with stakeholders, including Product Management, Engineering, and UX team members to influence the application architecture and design.
• Good sense of how mobile apps should be architected to enhance stability, security, performance, maintainability, and extensibility.
• Keen interest and passion towards keeping abreast of current technologies & trends.
• Collaborate with internal & external groups, partner with vendors to extend the platform as needed.
• Work with a cross functional team comprising of development leads, designers, project managers, and others to seamlessly transition designs into deployment.
• Strong interest in user-experience design and how it should be applied to mobile application design.
• Self-motivated to seeking out opportunities to move the application, its design, and architecture forward based on projected features and roadmap visions.
• Enable communicating and collaborating with developers to discuss innovative ideas and concepts.
• Work across organizational boundaries and promote and influence direction on how to best solve business and technical problems.
• Lead client architecture for Android application for cross trains.
• Ability to coordinate the architectural growth and development across several scrum teams.
• Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) oversight and development support on future application updates and maintenance.
• Should able to write efficient, well-documented code with Java/Kotlin in Android using Android Studio for POCs/Components etc.
• Good Knowledge of CI/CD, build automation tools like Jenkins
• Lead client architecture for android application for cross trains. Serves as the architectural expert to represent the technical aspects of the Android platform in work with backend architecture team for initiatives and solutions that cut across all SAFe Trains across the Retail and Pharmacy portfolios.
• Leads, guides, mentors, directs & helps grow a team of Developers/Architects to achieve the overall mission above.
• Ability to effectively handle and protect sensitive and confidential company information
• Good understanding of ADA and other regulatory compliances including PCI, PII and PHI.
• Extensive work experience creating self-contained, reusable, testable modules and components.
• Excellent communications skills with ability to communicate effectively in visual, verbal, and written form to teams, clients and leadership.
• Establish & evangelize architectural guidelines, patterns and practices.
• Pro-active attitude; highly self-motivated and able to work without constant oversight.
This role can be based in one of our corporate offices or can be fully remote within US.
• 8+ years of experience in software development working on enterprise-class applications
• 6+ years of experience working on Android Native Development (Java/Kotlin, Android SDK, Android Studio, Gradle etc)
• 5+ years of experience in Mobile Architecture or Technical Lead role
• Experience with SAFE practices or able to work in SAFE practices and agile methodologies.
• Experience related to security oriented projects and solutioning.
• Experience with packaging, bundling technologies, and library management tools.
• Experience with the UX success factors accessibility, usability, and aesthetics.
• Experience in Jenkins, CI/CD Pipeline, GIT and other DevOps principles.
• Experience working with Agile development frameworks.
• A systems problem solver, able to move fluidly between high-level abstract thinking and detailed implementation.
• Open-minded to new ideas & approaches, and ability to implement the ideas using various technologies.
• A self-starter that is naturally inquisitive.
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website