Utilize your technical skills to make an impact on the health of the people we serve. Join CVS Health, a Fortune 7 company.
The AS400 Application Development Advisor is responsible for the quality and cohesion of solution architecture components within PBM and RxClaim applications, and their conformance to approved CVS Health IT standards and procedures. The Lead will ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives of the supported unit.
The AS400 Application Development Advisor will serve as a senior application developer lead providing industry leading technical direction and guidance to the RxClaim application development teams to ensure appropriate and cost effective application of CVS Health approved technologies.
As part of the Rx Claim Adjudication team, you will be expected to be proficient in all critical functions of the application development and will champion SDLC methodologies with a deep understanding of best practices to ensure that quality standards are met. We believe for success, you should have flexibility, possess a positive outlook, discernment, and inspire change within a fast growing environment.
The AS400 Application Development Advisor will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Lead development estimation activities and present to senior leaders
• Make certain appropriate and effective data integration across multiple applications
• Provide solutions and design complex functionality within the RxClaim application
• Positively mentor and lead assigned team projects and mentor junior resources as needed
• Review technical solutions and document projects, for example: Analysis & Designs Program specifications and Code Reviews
• Help define standards, methodologies, and guidelines to ensure compliance while aligning solutions to the RxClaim application architecture
• 5+ years of experience and a demonstrated deep understanding of AS400 application development.
• 3+ years of experience leading concurrent technical projects on IBM iSeries
• 3+ years of application development experience in RPG, RPGLE, and CL
• Application development experience in Synon2/E and COOL 2/E
• 3+ years of IBMi SQL experience
• Experience with RxClaim or other PBM Adjudication system is preferred
• Experience in COBOL
• Demonstrated successful completion of several medium to large scope projects
• Proficiency working on all phases of SDLC and with problem determination and resolution through research and fact finding
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required. Will accept two year of relevant work experience for every year college not attained in addition to required years of experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website