In this Senior Advisor, Data Science role, key job functions include:
- Consult with key internal and external stakeholders to determine how best to leverage machine learning and advanced analytic methods to support business objectives across CVS Health
- Select several potential appropriate modeling approaches for a given analytics problem (Machine Learning methods such as ensemble models, decision trees, op research, stat modeling such as multivariate techniques)
- Efficiently implement the models in a variety of modeling tools, achieving highly accurate models
- Collaborate with analytic data engineering, business and clinical partners to deploy advanced analytic solutions into the operational environments
- Apply understanding of the underlying statistical concepts and compu approaches that enable efficient execution of models and design and implement modifications and enhancements to the computations
- Develop sound analytic plans based on available
data sources, business partner needs, and required
- Apply innovative approaches to understand and
predict what will happen across the business.
- Manage deliverables across multiple projects in a
deadline-driven environment and project related to a
wide variety of business settings and clinical needs.
- Present analytic findings in a variety of formats
(reports, PPT, graphs, figures and tables), formulating
recommendations, and effectively presenting the
results to non-analytic audiences.
7+ years of professional post-graduate
experience in constructing, validating, and executing modeling and optimization solutions.
- Experience in translating business problems across
disciplines into advanced analytic projects with
measurable business value.
- Experience with theoretical modeling approaches
and matching analytic modeling approaches to a
wide range of business applications
- Fluent and recent hands-on experiences in R,
Python, SAS, etc. Experience with computer
development languages (Java, C++).
- Experience deploying capabilities across a wide
range of business disciplines.
- Demonstrated effective project management and
time management skills.
- A strong curiosity to explore and uncover hidden
relationships in data, and a proactive desire to
translate findings into actionable business insights.
- Familiarity with navigating in both a relational
(Teradata-based) and non-relational (Hadoop)
- Practical experience developing large-scale
decision support tools based on optimization
technology (e.g., Linear Programming (LP), Mixed
Integer Programming (MIP), Non-Linear
Programming (NLP), etc.) for planning and execution
support (e.g., staff scheduling, vehicle routing, and
- Experience working with administrative claims data
- Analytic experience in the healthcare administration
PhD in Operation Research, Transportation
Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Statistics,
Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or directly
related field. Will also consider candidates with a
Master's degree in these fields, plus 10+ years of
relevant post graduate professional paid work
experience with an outstanding track record of
developing and deploying advanced quantitative
analytics to support business objectives.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website