As a senior litigation adjuster in Risk Management, you will be responsible for managing lawsuits and overseeing outside counsel defending CVS in general liability, pharmacy liability and healthcare liability cases filed throughout the United States.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
2+ years of legal experience, ideally with a law firm or as a claims adjuster with a large self-insured company or insurance carrier.
- Experience overseeing or defending premises liability claims and/or medical/pharmacy/healthcare liability claims.
- Litigation experience at a law firm, and/or significant experience overseeing litigated claims for an insurance carrier or corporation, including mediation experience and trial exposure.
- Experience overseeing and answering written discovery, reviewing pleadings and case filings.
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with senior leaders, CVS' in-house legal counsel and outside counsel.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with a proven ability to learn new software programs and systems.
- Ability to positively and aggressively represent the company at mediation and trial.
- Ability to work independently and in an environment requiring teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to navigate difficult situations and communicate effectively with both internal and external groups.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to handle a high volume of litigated claims.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with and understanding of legal documents (pleadings, discovery, motions and briefs).
- Ability to articulate and summarize cases with management in a concise, cogent manner.
Verifiable Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
JD degree desired.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website