Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Alaska Regional Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN Labor and Delivery and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
Alaska Regional Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN Labor and Delivery opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a highly-skilled and compassionate Labor & Delivery Nurse you will provide direct patient care to patients in the Labor & Delivery setting. You will strive to provide patients with an individualized care plan through assessment and planning. Our team supports each other like family and we are looking for someone who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will welcome each perinatal patient to the L&D Unit and promote a feeling of security in the care they will receive, to assure them that you are confident and capable of caring for their needs and their babys wellbeing.
- You will demonstrate clinical expertise in antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum care.
- You will respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- You will communicate effectively with physicians regarding patients clinical condition including: fetal monitoring and results of diagnostic studies.
- You will perform nursing duties as needed in the continuum of care for all areas of Maternal Child health.
- You will participate in process improvement efforts and activities for the department.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially under pressure.
- Current State of Alaska Registered Nurse License.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. certification preferred not required.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- Fetal Monitoring certification preferred.
- One or more years of Labor and Delivery experience strongly preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Healthcares Alaska Regional Hospital is known for our expertise, compassion and skills. We are committed to delivering patient-centered care to every patient on every visit for our 250 plus bed facility. Year after year, Alaska Regional receives 5-star ratings for heart attack treatment, bowel obstruction treatment, and colorectal surgery.
Based in Anchorage, Alaska Regional is located in a thriving community offering plenty of opportunities to capitalize on the Alaskan lifestyle. Alaska offers some of the most incredible scenic beauty around the world which draws visitors year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA Healthcare and Alaska Regional are inspired by our mission to care for and improve human life to create a positive impact in our community.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the de... Please click HERE to view full job description.
Apply on company website