Description**$20K Sign-On BonusAvailable forQualified Candidates! Registered Nurse, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Full-Time (0.9 FTE), Nights Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description:
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the areas only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.Benefits: We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Student Loan Repayment*
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position PositionDescription: The PACU RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS, ACLS & PALS Certifications (Ameri... Please click HERE to view full job description.
Apply on company website