Description$15,000 Sign On Bonus
Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Las Palmas Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) New Grad RN Resident Intermediate Care you can be a part of change.Benefits
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) New Grad RN Resident Intermediate Care. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
The HCA Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support, and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in HCA Healthcare hospitals. A year-long, extensive clinical orientation (StaRN) and professional development curriculum for new graduate nurses culminates in an evidence-based capstone project.
StaRN Cohort Start Date: Combo 10/10/22
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses (StaRN)
The StaRN Program provides the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment. StaRN will assist the graduate nurse with the transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- Didactic training: introduces nurses to core curriculum and hospital initiatives in a classroom setting
- Simulation training: reinforces nursing skills learned in a didactic setting
- Hands-on training: preceptorship training with a facility preceptor in the nursing unit
- The typical schedule during the first portion of the StaRN is Monday through Friday, 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week, and can include a weekend day during the holidays.
- The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three 12-hour shifts per week and every other weekend at the hospital, following the preceptors schedule.
- Certifications achieved: BLS, ACLS, CPI, EKG, NIH Stroke Scale, Meditech Modules, and specialty-specific certifications
- Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
- Program acceptance requires a minimum of two (2) years, full-time commitment to the hospital. Residents may be obligated to repay a pro-rated portion of the educational costs should they break that commitment.
Professional Development Program (remainder of the 1st year):
- Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization into the culture of professional nursing
- Frequent resident seminars following a core curriculum for professional development
- Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Recent graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 12-months.
- If ADN must enroll in BSN program within a year of starting
- Current Texas RN license required before program start or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active Texas RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Previous medical or service industry experience is highly desired but not required.
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required.
Las Palmas Medical Centeris a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the regions only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a HERE to view full job description.
Apply on company website