Staff Pharmacist - Per Diem
Clarion Psychiatric Center
Description: As a per diem, nonexempt, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) Staff Pharmacist, you will fill orders with accuracy; check technician-prepared products before release; maintain security of pharmacy and controlled substances; enter orders and patient information with accuracy; aid in the training of new staff; update the Director about the daily activities of the pharmacy; and aid the Director in maintaining the pharmacy.
Schedule: This position can work up to 19 hours per week, providing coverage "as needed". This position has no regularly scheduled hours.
About the Facility: Located on 14 acres, Clarion is a 74 bed Private Psychiatric facility, providing a peaceful therapeutic environment for patients and families. For 25 years, Clarion has helped people effectively manage: Anxiety and Panic Disorder, Depression, Suicidal Thoughts or Actions, Extreme Anger and Aggression, Emotional disorders that are complicated by a dependency on drugs or alcohol, Bipolar Disorder, Paranoia, Attention Deficit Disorder, Schizophrenia/Hallucinations/Delusions, Family Conflicts and Other Emotional Difficulties.
- Pharmacy degree (BS or PharmD) from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy; PharmD preferred
- Current PA Pharmacist license in good standing in the state of practice
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency program strongly preferred
- Experience as a Pharmacist in a Hospital setting preferred
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, make critical decisions, and respond to client concerns
- Demonstrated accuracy and timeliness in a work setting
- Experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and pharmacy information systems
- Effective communications skills; verbal and written
- Must be comfortable interacting with patients suffering from mental illness
Benefits: All Per Diem employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with an employer match as well as for the EAP (employee assistance program).
About CPS: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, LLC is one of the nation's largest providers of pharmacy services to more than 800 hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide. CPS helps clients tackle a variety of complex issues, such as operational efficiency, rising drug costs, regulatory & compliance, 340B, and specialty pharmacy strategy. CPS helps healthcare leaders drive best in class pharmacy operations through skill, expertise and proprietary technologies. For more information, visit https://www.cpspharm.com/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website