STAFF PHARMACIST - PER DIEM
BARLOW RESPIRATORY HOSPITAL
LOS ANGELES, CA 90026
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 8:00pm; Saturday, Sunday, and holidays 7:30am - 6:00pm. This is a rotating schedule. This role will be providing coverage on an as needed basis.
Description: As a Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) Per Diem Staff Pharmacist at Barlow Respiratory Hospital you will be responsible for distributive, clinical and administrative functions, including providing support as needed to hospital staff, filling orders with accuracy, checking technician-prepared products before release; maintaining security of pharmacy and controlled substances; PI data collection, aiding in training of new staff; entering/verifying orders and patient information, and maintaining the Pharmacy in a fast-paced environment. Because we are a small group there will be opportunities to help shape the development and scope of the pharmacy service.
Facility: Located in downtown Los Angeles, Barlow Respiratory Hospital is a Long Term Acute Care hospital (LTACH) with a specialty in weaning patients from ventilators. They serve patients with complex medical conditions referred from hospital intensive care units. They provide highly individualized treatment and specialized respiratory care and rehabilitation. Their expert team of board certified doctors, registered nurses, licensed therapists and our administrative and support staff share a common goal of making a positive difference in the lives of our patients and their families. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission. Management of the pharmacy is outsourced to Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS). The pharmacy staff are employees of CPS.
Pharmacy: This centralized automated pharmacy utilizes Meditech, Omnicell, MedKeeper (for nursing station inspections, IV room remote checking/missing dose tracking), Up-To-Date and Micromedex online drug information software support, and CAPS outside vendor to compound our TPN's.
- Pharmacy degree (BS or PharmD) from an accredited school of pharmacy; PharmD preferred
- Current CA Pharmacist license in good standing
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency program strongly preferred
- 1+ year recent experience as a Pharmacist in an acute care hospital preferred (can include ASHP Accredited Residency)
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, make critical decisions, and respond to client concerns
- Demonstrated accuracy and timeliness in a work setting
- Experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and pharmacy information systems
- Effective communications skills; verbal and written
- Have the flexibility to cover weekends or weekdays as needed and the ability to flex up to assist in covering pharmacist time off/vacation etc.
Benefits: All CPS Per Diem employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with an employer match and the EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
About CPS: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services is the nation's oldest and largest provider of pharmacy support services to more than 700 hospitals and healthcare facilities across the United States and Puerto Rico. CPS helps hospital pharmacists tackle complex problems such as medication reconciliation, hyper-inflated drug costs, standardization, centralized distribution, regulatory & compliance, and 340B programs leading to increased quality, reduced admissions and lower costs. Services provided by CPS include pharmacy management, pharmacy consulting, specialized pharmacy services, telepharmacy, 340B program compliance assurance, ambulatory & retail pharmacy services, medication related transition of care, and pharmacy analytics. For more information, visit http://www.cpspharm.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website