Trust Advisor III (Estate Settlement Officer)
Comerica's estate settlement unit is team of knowledgeable and experienced professionals, whose goal is to make the estate settlement process as seamless as possible for all concerned. As a Trust Advisor III in Estate Settlement, you will be responsible for serving as an Executor or Personal representative for a book of estate related administrative accounts, and providing support to our client families knowing the period following a death of a loved one can be a difficult time.
Successful incumbents possess effective communication skills, problem solving skills, appropriate functional and technical skills, the ability to multitask, meet service standards and are focused on the customer.
- Manages estate settlement accounts in accordance with the terms of the various governing documents, applicable law, and consistent with the needs of the principals, income beneficiaries, and remaindermen.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets documents for direction; evaluates accounts for completeness and accuracy, monitors and reviews account transactions, responds to incoming correspondence and any other client requests to ensure compliance with the governing document, applicable law and policies and procedures.
- Works with manager in developing solutions to most issues brought forth by principals, income beneficiaries and remaindermen such as requests for special distributions, fee issues or disputes.
- Oversees the opening and closing of estate related administrative accounts, ensures the receipt of proper and legally required documentation, ensures the full and complete transfer of assets, their cost basis, and the proper characterization of cash as income or principal, ensures all tax codes and account administration codes are accurate and oversees tax reporting activities, coordinating with outside CPAs and advisors.
- Communicates directly with our Financial Advisor partners, clients, and internal business partners. Providing timely updates on all account related activity and responding quickly to requests.
- Develops new business through our network of internal and external business partners.
Apply on company website