Sr Staff Engineer
The application engineer will provide engineering support for application development and management activities related to application software, hardware, performance, problem determination or resource management requiring communication and coordination with vendors, technicians, clients, and management. This role will provide technical input to management decision making in the areas of software, hardware, and performance. This role's responsibilities include: defining application and program requirements; performing detailed analysis of various projects and requests; developing designs for projects that have medium to high complexity; formulating procedures; on call rotation for support of production systems; monitoring key performance indicators; and implementing advanced business solutions. It may also integrate systems or build systems via the DevOps model depending on the maturity of the organization and/or product. Preferred candidates will experience/knowledge with Test Automation, Eclipse/Cucumber/Selenium, Git/Jenkins/BitBucket, Python, AWS, JIRA, MQ.
Design & Methodology
- Work closely with business units, application teams, infrastructure areas and vendors to identity, review and evaluate the solution requirements.
- Investigate and propose strategic fits for virtualization, consolidation and rationalization solution opportunities within the infrastructure or business. Propose changes to the technical design solutions as applicable.
- Evaluate and align strategic fit solutions across platforms and solutions specific to system hardware and software technologies.
- Understand, participate, review and influence long term capacity planning and technology investments.
- Provide client consulting and planning guidance as applicable for moderate to complex projects
- Provide consultation and works closely with other functional infrastructure areas/departments on multiple initiatives to meet common organizational/business goals and objectives.
- Participate in and provides consulting to project teams on architectural, design development, integration opportunities, planning of complex systems.
Planning & Organizing
- Map requirements into standard services solution, identity opportunities for integrating to existing or reuse technology and provide cost effective solutions for moderate to large highly complex project/programs/initiatives.
- Review, identify and manage requirements for moderate to complex solutions and do a cost value, feasibility and risk analysis.
- Review, participate, develop and update architectural standards, guiding principles, rationales and strategies.
- Evaluate, review and approve highly complex design solutions for business and Infrastructure project or programs or initiatives.
- Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely, and appropriate reporting.
- Actively participate in committees representing the department and/or planning unit.
Apply on company website