Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Technology Manager
The SRE team is part of the Transformation Office organization and works hand in hand with the Enterprise Services and Engineering teams. They are the center for driving operational maturity excellence for production operations. We are looking for an individual who has led SRE teams before and takes pride in the quality of their work. The SRE Manager will manage a team to help proactively build resilience across the enterprise Comerica platforms. The SRE manager will improve the incident management process, own the RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for critical incidents, and assist in establishing the right SLOs, SLIs, and SLAs for all products. The mission for this manager is to increase service observability and to always be looking to increase system reliability. Passion for working with developers to improve software reliability and a collaborative team spirit are needed. This position reports to the Sr. Manager/VP of the Transformation Office. Experience with DevOps to drive Continuous Integration is preferred. Responsibilities of this position include creating the team's roadmap and own the execution, write team's quarterly OKRs and manage the team's priorities, Establish and drive the implementation of the RCA plans, drive improvements to our incident response and on-call procedures, Collaborate across Technology Domains & Lines of Business to establish SLOs, SLIs, and SLAs and driving adoption of best practices in monitoring, alerting, chaos testing, root cause analysis, high availability and resiliency.
- Partner with corporate functional leaders to create and execute a technology strategy that will enhance overall business capabilities.
- Stay abreast of technology industry trends and best practices.
- Continuously transform the organization to increase efficiencies and reduce overall expense.
- Partner with innovation team to test and learn emerging technology and its viable applicability to enhance corporate business capabilities.
Delivery Planning and Execution
- Create, prioritize, plan and execute portfolio/product roadmaps or initiatives through collaboration with Technology and appropriate business partners.
- Reduce time to market by utilizing Agile methodologies and/or applying appropriate methodologies, e.g. dev/sec/ops.
- Surface issues and risks; escalate for resolution.
- Provides insights on risks based on broad experience.
- Ensure employees deliver new technology solutions and capabilities in accordance with the roadmap and ensure that they meet established objectives and expectations of business partners and/or colleagues.
- Cultivate good system management disciplines including clearly defined and documented roles and responsibilities, documented phase processes and checkpoint and detailed planning for system deployment.
- Define and report metrics based on overall business objectives.
- Ensures compliance and control activities support technology and enterprise business objectives and are aligned with executive risk tolerances and expectations.
- Ensures processes and controls within assigned area to enhance performance, security, reliability and availability of systems.
- Drive a continuous improvement and compliant culture through documented policies, procedures and architecture.
- Manage and develop team cultivating a spirit of one team with shared goals and objectives.
- Select, motivate and retain high performing talent.
- Provide on-going feedback to maximize overall performance.
Apply on company website