Institutional Trust New Business Development Officer, Vice President
The Institutional Trust/Investment Management New Business Development Officer (NBDO) role will be responsible for planning, conducting and executing a calling and sales campaign for an assigned territory, encompassing all products offered by Institutional Trust and Comerica Asset Management Group. The NBDO is responsible for maintaining a prescribed sales pipeline, conducting a minimum level of sales call activity and achieving stated new business revenue goals. This role will also adhere to the calling strategy, prospect identification process and activity goals set by the National Sales Manager. This role will also maintain a high standard of business ethics and teamwork, as well as developing productive partnerships within Corporate Banking and other referral sources. In additional, this role will be charged with maintaining a high level of prospect and consultant calling activity, responding to Requests For Proposal, preparing and delivering pricing proposals and fee quotes; conducting sales presentations for prospects and consultants is also a regular part of this role. There will be 50% travel, mostly by air, with frequent multi-night trips are required.
- Determining how best to implement the sales strategy set forth by the sales manager, setting the criteria for prospect identification.
- Calling on financial advisors and 401(k) platform providers to present all assigned products in pursuit of achieving assigned new business revenue goal.
- Cold calling for appointments with prospects/consultants, planning and arranging the logistics of calling trips, coordinating these trips with other bank personnel, follow up correspondence/phone calls after making sales call.
- Responding to Requests for Proposal, preparation of call agendas, customized sales materials and other follow up items.
- Development and maintenance of internal referral sources, fulfilling internal reporting requirements, attending internal training sessions.
Apply on company website