General Books Accounting Analyst
The General Books Accounting Analyst role will be responsible for performing assigned general Accounting functions for the Company and its Affiliates, including processing General Ledger and related activity, monitoring activity in certain general ledger and internal DDA accounts, and performing general ledger aging's and Reconciliations. This role also assists in preparing certain reports and filings and may contribute to special projects and initiatives as opportunities arise. Position Competencies
Successful incumbents possess integrity and trust, attention to detail, listening skills, problem solving skills, ability to work independently, great analytical skills and interpersonal business communication skills, strong writing and verbal communication skills. Position Responsibilities:
- Research and post rejected general ledger entries (GL Suspense Accounts).
- Monitor general ledger clearing and in-transit accounts, research and clear outstanding items.
- Monitor and reconcile the Company's Internal Bank Deposit (intercompany cash) account's daily activity, ensuring items post and clear correctly and on a timely basis.
- Process the daily cash settlements of various intercompany bank activities.
- Process Batch Control for banking activities processed in upstream subledger systems. Research and resolve "out of balance" situations.
- Prepare from various internal/external sources the necessary data extracts and reports used in Comerica Bank's FR 2900 Deposit Reports and related regulatory requirements.
- Respond to GL Signature Form requests (current listings; additions/deletions) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Respond to and process GL Requisition Orders for other areas of the Company in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist various departments by posting properly authorized accounting Journal Entries, including ensuring appropriate GL accounts are utilized.
- Consistently monitor General Books Mailbox for GL posting requests, GL ticket order, etc.
- Prepare assigned monthly Agings and reconciliations of internal DDA and general ledger accounts.
- Follow-up on and resolve aging issues and unreconciled differences which are identified during the preparation process.
- Execute performance of controls around appropriate GL ticket authorizations by verifying signature of Authorized signers against the Authorized Signature database.
- Process GL Signature Form deletions via review of Weekly Termination Report.
- Make daily decisions, analyze transactions, and prioritize workflow to ensure work is completed within established standards.
- Perform special and one-off accounting projects as assigned by Management.
- Actively participate in PTO coverage to ensure all General Books team responsibilities are accurately and timely completed.
- Actively participate in cross training opportunities as presented by management.
- Actively participate in team meetings and discussions.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork through assisting team members with problem resolutions, answering questions, sharing of information and/or helping when needed.
Apply on company website