Collateral Evaluation Group Examiner Assistant
The Collateral Evaluation Group Examiner (CEG) Assistant role will facilitate the completion of essential Collateral Field Exams in Commercial Lending with administrative involvement throughout the process including coordinating resources and schedules, often with critical timelines. This role will function as the Central Liaison for CEG Management, Internal Examiners, Loan Groups/Credit, and Outsource Firms (10 plus firms with approximately 150 reps working on behalf of Comerica) for the market. This role will assist Regional CEG Manager with department tracking, reporting, and day-to-day Administration. Position Responsibilities:
- Reporting - Prepare and update regularly scheduled administrative reports; prepare special reports as requested; monitors exam frequencies and follow up on Recaps/AFAs, waivers or extensions with loan officers, credit officers and group managers; performs CEG confirmations as requested by examiners; execute special projects as needed.
- CEG Database Administration - Maintain CEG database which includes all customer information and the corresponding loan group; serve as the central information source for managing the team workload; input all new customers into the database along with the requested exam frequency; audit the database quarterly for accuracy and completeness.
- Fieldwork support - Assist examiners in preparing for audits by gathering and providing the audit report file, previous work paper folder, AFS loan history printouts, Cync borrowing base submission history printout, etc; ensures that the audit report file has a current RECAP and an advance formula agreement before examiners begin fieldwork.
- Request credit agreement/advance formula agreement from collateral department when needed, manage the department schedule, assist the examiners with audit fieldwork as needed.
- Documentation / File Maintenance - Responsible for gathering and documenting all audit waivers and extensions; ensure that fee records and invoice information are kept up to date; maintain and archives audit files. This will include creation of new files, appropriate storage, and archival of non-active files.
- Administrative Duties - Handles most complex administrative support; conduct research for examiner calls on customers, preparing/maintaining/distributing reporting, lists, etc., scheduling appointments, and making travel arrangements; coordinate and schedule upcoming audit examinations, including outsource vendors; maintenance of master forms and all audit reporting master files; performs additional duties such as mail, ordering supplies, correspondence, special projects, and other miscellaneous tasks.
Apply on company website