SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Medical Laboratory Technician for PRN.
At Colleton, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our department team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
The Medical Laboratory Technician is responsible for accessioning, specimen processing, clerical and customer service duties in the Clinical Laboratory following established policies and procedures with minimal supervision. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
- You will perform all approved laboratory procedures in assigned areas of licensure, which may require a high degree of theoretical knowledge and technical expertise in licensed areas
- You will be empowered to exercise independent judgment under minimum to moderate degree of supervision.
- You will demonstrate skills in performing routine procedures, interpreting results and taking appropriate actions when necessary, organizing workload to achieve efficiency and report results in a timely manner according to patient needs.
- You will exercise judgment to determine the acceptability or rejection of results according to standards set for tests, and request assistance when needed from more experienced medical technologists or technical manager.
- You will perform, record, and document corrective action when quality control results are not within defined limits and adhering to the established policies, procedures and CAP proficiency guidelines.
- You will follow best practice methodologies prescribed, demonstrating your skill and ability to following laboratory compliance policies and procedures.
- You will ensure that the proper operation for high-quality test performance is achieved by performing daily maintenance, while ensuring an awareness of supply stock and replenishing methods.
- You will practice infection control by careful hand washing and by wearing personal protective equipment, for the safety of patient and self, while maintaining a well-kept work area.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you may need:
- Must be currently registered as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist by ASCP
- BS in Medical Technology or Baccalaureate degree plus completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technology program
- Hospital laboratory experience preferred
Named a Top Performer on key quality measures by The Joint Commission for four consecutive years, CMC ranks in the top 15 percent of U.S. hospitals for quality care. Committed to quality services and compassionate care, CMC continues to expand and advance to meet the needs of a growing community.
At Colleton Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. HCA, the parent company of CMC, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website