DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Case Manager Registered Nurse that you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Colleton Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Student Loan Repayment
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Case Manager Registered Nurse where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We are seeking a Case Manager Registered Nurse for our practice who provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
- You will be responsible for coordinating the plan of care for the patient stay, managing the length of stay, ensuring appropriate resource management and developing a safe appropriate discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- You will facilitate the progression and transition of care using established criteria and in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team.
- You will Identify patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during the transition from one level of care/setting to another
- You will perform a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical and discharge needs of patients/family along with an assessment of resources appropriate and available to the patient/family
- You will reassess the patient's clinical condition as indicated. Considers patient's readmission status or risk of readmission and develops strategies to mitigate including education on appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative education, and community based resources
- In partnership with Social Services, you will be responsible for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate
- You will evaluate progression of care using evidence-based tools and approved criteria (InterQual) throughout the episode of care; escalates progression and transition of care issues through the established chain of command
- You will make appropriate referrals to third party payer, disease and case management programs for recurring patients and patients with chronic disease states
- You will act as a liaison through effective and professional communications between and with physicians, patient / family, hospital staff, and outside agencies
- You will serve as an advocate for patient's rights, needs, and values; ensuring that patients' ethnic, cultural, or religious values, beliefs, preferences and needs are considered and aligned
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in accordance with state regulations
- Graduation from an accredited school of registered nursing is required. BSN highly preferred
- 1-3 years' clinical, hospital nursing experience required. 2 years of experience in case management or critical care preferred
- Certification in case management or utilization review preferred
- InterQual experience preferred
Located in the Heart of Walterboro, South Carolina, Colleton Medical Center has a longstanding history as a leader in the healthcare community with a commitment to patient-centered care. With over 130 beds, Colleton Medical Center is part of HCA Healthcare. CMC offers both inpatient and outpatient medical services along with 24/7 Emergency Care for adults and children. Named a Top Performer on key quality measures by The Joint Commission for four consecutive years, CMC ranks in the top 15 percent of U.S. hospitals for quality care. Committed to quality services and compassionate care, CMC continues to expand and advance to meet the needs of a growing community.
At Colleton Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.HCA, the parent company of CMC, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Case Manager Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website