DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity as a Surgical Technologist for you to join Coliseum Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Coliseum Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Surgical Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Surgical Technologist, in collaboration with the surgical team and under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, assumes responsibility for the care and safety of the perioperative patient, instrumentation, supplies, and equipment during surgical and other invasive and non-invasive procedures. The Surgical Technologist ensures effective communication with the circulator, the surgeon, the patient and their family, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in this role:
- You will set up and manage instruments, equipment, and supplies for all surgical procedures
- You will be responsible for maintaining a sterile field while passing instrumentation during an invasive procedure
- You will perform appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
- You will assist in patient positioning, transporting, and obtaining needed equipment
- You will clean and prepare instruments for terminal sterilization
- You will assist in prepping room for the next patient
- Graduation from an accredited school of Surgical Technologist or Certificate of Completion of the Operating Room Specialist Course from the Military is required
- A Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) is strongly preferred
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- One to two years of OR experience is preferred
Coliseum Health System is a two hospital system located in Macon, GA; you may know us better as Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital. Each day we are challenged with providing our patients and their families state-of-the-art services while demonstrating that we are caring and committed healthcare professionals. It is our hope that you will see how much we love what we do – bringing quality healthcare services to Macon and the surrounding areas.
Founded in 1971, Coliseum Medical Center has grown to be a leader in healthcare for Middle GA. We are a 310 plus bed facility, offering a 24-hour emergency room, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, rehabilitation programs, behavioral health and diagnostic services.
Coliseum Medical Center has been recognized for its quality care with the following awards:
- Georgia Hospital Association Safety Leader Circle
- Joint Commission Top Performer of Key Quality Measures
- Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Achievement Award – Stroke
- Joint Commission Certification
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Primary Stroke Center
- Advanced Certification in COPD
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (ACR)
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS CoC)
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Coliseum Medical Center, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Surgical Technologist opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website