DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Patient Care Technician.
At Coliseum, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
As a PCT in our department, you will deliver high-quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of important patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily listing. Under supervision of the RN, you will assist the nursing staff in providing patient care with your skills and training and in accordance with the needs of our department. The Patient Care Technician will consistently assist the patient care team by maintaining a clean, well-organized and safe patient care environment.
What you will do in this role:
- You will obtain vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes.
- You will answer patient call lights in a timely manner and respond to patient needs/requests.
- You will assist patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, ambulating, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
- You will be responsible for safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD).
- You will be responsible for recording information in the patient's medical records
- You will maintain close communication with physicians, nurses and other healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient's care and condition.
- You will be responsible for educating patients and families on the care and therapies being provided, in conjunction with physicians and nurses.
- You will monitor supply levels in your unit and patient rooms and restock as needed.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Licensed as a CNA in this state OR be currently enrolled in a nursing program at an accredited school, having completed the Fundamentals of Nursing Course.
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required.
- 1 year of acute/hospital experience is preferred.
Coliseum Health System is a two hospital system located in Macon, GA; you may know us better as Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital. Each day we are challenged with providing our patients and their families state-of-the-art services while demonstrating that we are caring and committed healthcare professionals. It is our hope that you will see how much we love what we do – bringing quality healthcare services to Macon and the surrounding areas.
Founded in 1971, Coliseum Medical Centers has grown to be a leader in healthcare for Middle GA. We are a 310 plus bed facility, offering a 24-hour emergency room, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, rehabilitation programs, behavioral health and diagnostic services.
Coliseum Medical Centers has been recognized for its quality care with the following awards:
- Georgia Hospital Association Safety Leader Circle
- Joint Commission Top Performer of Key Quality Measures
- Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Achievement Award – Stroke
- Joint Commission Certification
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Primary Stroke Center
- Advanced Certification in COPD
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (ACR)
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS CoC)
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Coliseum Medical Centers, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website