DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do Do you have the career opportunities that you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Technologist Section Coordinator to join Coliseum Medical Center, part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Coliseum Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Student Loan Repayment
- You will coordinate Technologists/technicians' schedules as required and monitor performance of all assays in designated section.
You will write and revise policies and procedures as needed and ensure that required documentation is performed.
You will perform all maintenance, quality control, corrective action and calibration procedures as required.
You will accurately perform laboratory testing within specified turn-around-time requirements and report critical test results within 30 minutes of completion, request verbal read back and document same.
You will train new Medical Technologists/Technicians and Med Tech Section Coordinators.
You will assist the Director with annual evaluations of Medical Technologists/technicians and instruct and council them in performance of technical duties.
You will assist in coordination of phlebotomy staffing as needed and delegate tasks to Medical Technologists/Technicians and Department Secretary as needed.
You will ensure continuation of care across shifts by providing and receiving shift report at each shift change.
Successful completion of Medical Technologist training program required
- National Medical Technologist (Either ASCP, AMT, AAB or equivalent) certification preferred.
- Five years experience as Medical Technologist required.
- Two years experience as Medical Technologist supervisor in CAP accredited laboratory preferred.
- Georgia Hospital Association Safety Leader Circle
- Joint Commission Top Performer of Key Quality Measures
- Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Achievement Award – Stroke
- Joint Commission Certification
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Primary Stroke Center
- Advanced Certification in COPD
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (ACR)
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS CoC)
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website