Philadelphia, PA or Malvern, PA
Cadient, a Cognizant Digital Business
We are seeking a thorough, empathetic, creative and experienced UX professional with a strong background in visual and interaction design, as well as hands-on experience with other UX disciplines, such as user research and information architecture.
The UX Designer will have an in-depth knowledge of UX best practices and experience with interaction design, visual design, and design systems with cross-functional responsibilities of IA and research. In this position, you'll translate customer and business needs into actionable and strong designs that will deliver an exceptional product to our customers.
We work in a fast-paced environment, where you'll have to keep up with rapidly evolving technologies, standards and research methods. The ideal candidate will be driven by the desire to be a user advocate, be passionate about creating products that are intuitive and enjoy the ability to use their strengths in multiple disciplines.
Our culture is defined by outgoing, collaborative innovators who truly enjoy the people they work with and the projects they bring to life. Together we create experiences, empower communities, and deliver results for clients across industries. In our search for people who love what they do, we consistently choose those who opt for community over ego and who know a great career opportunity when they see one. Come join us.
What you'll do:
· Collaborate on user experience planning with Experience Directors, UI Designers, Strategists, and Architects to create functional, emotive and accessible digital experiencess
· Design architecture and interaction flow of applications and experiences
- Develop sitemaps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, personas, and journey maps
· Collaborate across disciplines to translate business requests, usability test results and field research findings into intuitive designs
· Create user-centered designs considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics and usability findings
- Contribute to brand experience, visual communication and business initiatives
- Collaborate with developers to find the most effective, expedient and efficient way to implement solutions
- Work in an agile environment and juggle multiple meetings and projects
- Promote the importance of user-centered decisions and influence stakeholders – be an advocate for user experience actions
- Present work in a clear and compelling manner to stakeholders (be able to explain design recommendations by citing best practices, testing data or business requirements)
What you'll bring:
- Degree in design or equivalent related field experience
· 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer, or similar role
· 3+ years of experience working closely with developers from inception through implementation in an agile environment
· Passion for producing high-quality and engaging interactions
· Strong skills in modern design and prototyping tools (InVision, XD, Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, Flinto, Adobe CC)
· Experience rapidly iterating designs to conduct user testing and to deliver to development teams
· Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines and roles
· Experience designing web and mobile applications
· Experience with agile development approaches
· Experience with design thinking methodology and tactics are a plus
· Understand responsive, adaptive and accessible designs
- Working knowledge of iOS and Android material design
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Project management skills to set milestones and deliver on time
Why work with us?
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
We offer an opportunity to do phenomenal work and a culture that welcomes your ideas and your ambitious spark. We value work-life balance and, like you, community matters to us. There is no better time to join the team.
If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you.
It takes a lot to succeed in today's fast-paced market, and Cognizant Digital Business has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger ambitions. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
We help clients engage customers by envisioning and building innovative products and services. But we don't stop there. We develop go-to-market strategies and invent entirely new business models, ensuring that every company we work with walks away with both inspiration and a plan. a
Everything we do at Cognizant Interactive we do with passion—for our clients, our communities, and our organization. It's the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
Cognizant Interactive: The digital economy relies on desirable human experiences. To craft world-class experiences that consumers want, Cognizant Interactive uses design, content, ecommerce, and platform-based strategies rooted in a deep understanding of human needs. We work with CMOs and CIOs to envision a future defined by consumer engagement; then, we equip these leaders with interactive marketing models that are agile and scaled for growth. Cognizant Interactive is a digital boutique agency with global scale—truly the best of both worlds. With empowering human experience driving the digital economy, it will not take long for the world that consumers desire to take form.
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1Creative Design-Websites&AppsPL1Required
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 06 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website