Position: Solution Architect
Summary of Position:
ServiceNow Solution Architect participates and actively supports our client's business initiatives by building reliable, efficient, scalable and business-oriented solutions based on the Now platform. They are involved in design and architecture of complex systems on all levels, from legacy migrations of ITSM tools, through core platform setup, to integrations, automations, and orchestrations. The Solution Architect is responsible for delivering the Technical Architecture and Design, as well as technical mentoring and enabling the team to deliver world class solutions using the NOW platform.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides top level business and technology architecture consultancy services to our clients.
- Brings thought leadership and innovative solution ideas to clients.
- Responsible for client technical deliverables including client design documents and proposals under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Enforces systems design and architectural standards, maintains best practices and drives the core principles throughout the systems delivery lifecycle.
- Provides input to Statements of Work (SOWs) and assists in presenting proposals to existing and potential clients.
- Works with Customer Managers, Architects, Subject Matter Experts, Solution Designers, and senior levels stakeholders.
- Collaborates with a larger group of Business SMEs, solution, and technical architects to set technical direction for the delivery of solutions.
- Provides input to the design of ServiceNow-based industry vertical solutions as a recognized Architect leader.
- Supports implementation programs for complex enterprise scale solutions.
- Maintains ServiceNow certifications with the latest delta exams.
- Achieves additional certifications as dictated by changing business needs.
- Establishes self as, and serves as active technical liaison between client and ServiceNow product group.
- Assists in gathering and reviewing client's business objectives and provides the appropriate technical design, addressing both their short-term tactical needs, and their long-term strategic needs.
- Review's business requirement documents and/or user stories and provides technical solutions to align with those requirements.
- Provides technical design details in user stories which are complete, easy for developers to understand, and ready for development.
- Provides guidance, leadership, and technical oversight to technical resources to ensure best practice development on engagements.
- Provides input to the Release Planning sessions and Knowledge Transfer sessions.
- Coordinates with QA resources to ensure test cases are properly written / executed from a technical perspective.
- Provide hands-on development, when necessary.
- Accountable for all technology related client facing and internal deliverables.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with common web technologies and networking (e.g. XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSL, REST Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, SOAP, SCP, FTPS, JSON
- Directory service integration experience (Active Directory, LDAP, etc.)
- Single Sign-on using various authentication methods (token, SAML 1.1, SAML 2.0)
- Experience developing and implementing systems using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Micro-services architecture knowledge, enterprise integration patterns
- Experience with other ITSM software (BMC Remedy ITSM, Service Center, Cherwell, etc.)
- Ability to design, architect and configure multiple applications / modules in the ServiceNow platform
- Ability to design, architect and configure complex integrations between ServiceNow and third-party applications.
- Strong communication and customer relationship skills at executive level, and ability to adjust for audience appropriately.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Advanced knowledge of business process mapping software such as Visio.
Education & Work Experience
- Proven experience in ServiceNow implementations, acting as a Solution Architect
- ServiceNow Fundamentals Certification required
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist in one domain required, more preferred
- ServiceNow Developer certification is preferred
- Proven work experience running workshops, building out strategic roadmaps and being able to defend architectural and technical deliverables.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management, Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
This position must maintain emotional control under stress. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. Occasionally the employee will repeat the same hand, arm or finger motion many times. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. This position also requires lifting and transporting of materials - up to 20 pounds, the ability to problem solve and retain information. This position also requires frequent travel, a flexible schedule including occasional evenings, and attending conferences.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : May 27 2021
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website