Cognizant's Digital Engineering practice is seeking a highly qualified Site Reliability Engineers and Architects with experience developing and building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will work side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working solutions to clients and their users. Our engineers are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we're doing wrong, so we can fix it, and what we're doing right, so we can improve on it. Above all, we judge success by the success of our team and the happiness of our customers.
Cognizant Digital Engineering: If you're like us, you've got big ideas. At Cognizant, we're exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value—by connecting people with things, insights and experiences. Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation.
Location: Herndon, VA, Dallas, TX or Remote
Currently remote and open to remote candidates; however, we prefer candidates to be based in the Herndon or Dallas metro area or willing to relocate.
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization for this role.
- 8+ years of experience on Java/J2EE applications with one of web servers (Apache Tomcat, IBM HTTP Server), one of the application servers (WebSphere/Weblogic/JBoss), one of the databases (Oracle/SQLServer/DB2)
- Experience in working with AWS cloud and cloud components
- Excellent understanding and demonstrated experience in the use of DevOps/CICD tools like Jenkins, Jules and Automated deployment tools
- knowledge on Cloud technologies and containerization using Docker & Kubernetes
- Automation experience with Ansible play books and programming languages like Java, Perl, Python or PowerShell Scripting and Ansible play book
- Knowledge on performance tuning of enterprise level Java/J2EE applications (Web and Application Servers Configuration, JVM parameters tuning, GC and Heap Size, Message Broker)
- Excellent knowledge on at least one tool in each of the following category
- Profiling – Jprofiler/ Dynatrace
- Monitoring - Wily Introscope/AppDynamics/DynaTrace/Splunk/Cloud Watch/Stack Driver
- Analysis –HP Diagnostics / GC log Analysis/ Thread Dump Analyzer / Heap Analyzer
Performance testing - Load Runner/Silk Performer/Jmeter/NeoLoad
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Feb 26 2021
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website